Tuesday 2 April 2013

How much is my camera – I signed Ansel Adams print worth?

Written By Unknown; About: How much is my camera – I signed Ansel Adams print worth? on Tuesday 2 April 2013

canonwaterproofcamerasreviews.blogspot.com ® How much is my camera – I signed Ansel Adams print worth?

Predicament merely by L.R.: How much is my signed Ansel Adams print worth – The Camera?

In the early to mid 1980′s my future wife and I were staying in the Yosemite Valley and visited the Ansel Adams art gallary. Mr. Adams was there that day so we bought 4 prints and he signed one of them called “The Camera”. It was professionally mounted and he signed it with his full name. I think I paid about $ 20 for the print and maybe another $ 20 or so for his signature. Any idea what this might be worth? Thank you.


That is information on How much is my signed Ansel Adams print worth – The Camera? you will choose to clear up concerns for their own end. Can easily this’ll help in lots of ways, and build the way you live far better. Wishing information on How much is my signed Ansel Adams print worth – The Camera? happens to be a treatment in the coming years.

Solution:


Answer by Tim

Certificate of Authenticities are actually worthless. They are used as marketting ploys to get people to buy stuff, but it doesn’t change the value at all.


A serious collector could look at the image, determine if it is original, and if the signature is authentic.


If it is a photographic print done by Adams, it is probably worth anywhere from $ 1500 to $ 5,000. However, many of the prints at his gallery in Yosemite are reproductions, as Adams made relatively few prints after 1970. He had staff that did most of his darkroom work after that time. Still a print with his signature can still be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars.


Your best bet is to call the gallery in Yosemite. They will connect sellers with buyers for a small percentage. If you let them know what you have, they can give you an idea of the current market value.


Understand or know much better?

Leave your own private answer to the comments!


Blog: http://www.thefrugalfilmmaker.com Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/thefrugalfilmmaker Twitter Feed: http://www.twitter.com/frugalfilmmake…


Camera Graveyard


Representation basically by Camera Graveyard


Lots of cameras at the thrift store today. I ended up buying a waterproof Canon 35mm. The WP-1. I am sorry I did not buy the Olympus Infinity Superzoom 330 but it was .95 and I only had one battery to try it out so and it took two 123 batteries. The older cameras usually work perfectly but the newer (1990s+) cameras are not as reliable.


How much is my camera – I signed Ansel Adams print worth?